CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Will the Real Christopher Columbus Please Stand Up!







The blogging is all about Caleb these days. I will try to add more about my other kids as soon as they do something cute! (Just kidding, no nasty posts please!) Anyway, Caleb's class put on a Penny Arcade and Caleb played the role of Christopher Columbus. I must say he was a dead ringer for the guy. All the kids stood silent behind their desks until someone came up and dropped a penny in their cup. Then they came alive and told about themselves. Here is the video of his performance although you can't hear a word he says because every other class member is doing their presentation as well! I was able to meet Ty Cobb, Mia Hamm, Princess Diana, Pocahontas, Cleopatra, the lady who first created the chocolate chip cookie and Neal Armstrong. They were all so cute.


"Hello, I'm Christopher Columbus. I descovered America on October 12, 1492.

I was born in Geno 1451. I worked with my father in a weaveing shop.

I started sailing at age 14. When I convenced the king and queen to give me ships. They gave me the Nina, Pinta and Santa Mariahe. I sailed due west to look for a sorter route to Aisa. After weeks at sea I saw land, and like I already told you that land was America. That is what I am famus for, descovering Amerka. I thout it was Aisa.

I first celebrated my descovery 300 years after my descovery.

I died at age 51 because or a heart attack. I died knowing I did something great for the world."

3 comments:

Becky said...

I say Caleb when he came into Jack's class to do their penny arcade, he was just handsome! I loved the outfit. And for your info it's Ruth Wakefield, chocolate chip cookie lady, Katie did her in 3rd grade. 4 penny arcades down, 3 more to go! Why did I have so many children.

Lisa said...

I saw Jack looking handsome in his suit while he was in Caleb's class. Who was he?

Pepple said...

So cute!!