CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Heavenly Father Answers Prayers!

It took Amanda exactly 20 days to do ding and scratch the car bumper . . .









But it took her 27 days to do THIS to the car . . .










While turning left out of the school parking lot, she pulled out in front of a truck pulling a trailer. He T-boned her, sent her across the other lane and into a ditch. Although she had to be cut out of the car, she suffered NO damage other than cuts from broken glass, whiplash and sore muscles. Now you may think that two wrecks in one week makes her a bad driver. But in her defense, the first guy she bumped didn't have brake lights and this second accident; well, she had the presence of mind to save her own life. She said that when she saw the truck she sped up in order to try to avoid him. That didn't mean anything to us until we saw the car. The point of impact was inches behind her. Had she not sped up she would have taken all of the impact and been totally crushed. She and her passenger escaped serious injury and the other driver and his passenger were also fine. Needless to say, she got her first ticket and we will understand if you don't want your children riding with her!
After she was born, she was given a blessing that she would always have God's holy angels attending her. I can honestly say they were with her that day. We have nothing but gratitude in our hearts to our Heavenly Father for protecting our precious girl and bringing her home to us; as well as keeping the other people safe. We are also thankful to the Broken Arrow Police and Fire Department Officers who were so kind and efficient, grandma and grandpa who dropped everything to pick up Chris at the airport and take the little ones, the school principals, counselors, coaches and teachers who helped out at the scene and have called and expressed concern, the ER personnel who were so attentive and careful, just to name a few. It has been a bittersweet experience; both traumatic and touching. As a parent, you always dread the call, "Is this Amanda Fabian's mother?" "Yes" . . . But at the same time we have been so touched by each and every person who has been so kind. I think Amanda has learned how much she is loved by so many people.
When we went to collect our personal belongings from the car, I found a small mirror in the car. Despite all of the flying glass, the mirror did not break. I asked Amanda where the mirror came from. She explained that Sister Roberts had given it to her the at church the Wednesday night before. The girls were instructed to look in the mirror and see the good in themselves. I said well what do you see in it today? She said, "LIFE!" Amen, Amen!

8 comments:

Becky said...

AHHHHHH! I'm so glad she was not injured! I can't even imagine how your heart must have sank when you heard the news. No injuries, just a Lewis family miracle.

Lindsay said...

So glad she's okay!

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea. That tells you how in touch I am with things lately. I'm so glad she is OK. I hope I never have to get that call. My parents only got it once, but I am proud to say that it was not in conection to me.

Kory Jane said...

I am also glad that she is ok. I always drove like a grandma in high school because my dad always said one ticket and you are done. So I never got one or got in an accident when he said that. Good luck with everything. What a great mom to be more concerned and loving than steaming mad.

valgae said...

Ohmygosh!! Ok...they will never leave the house again.....check!! I am so glad she's okay, and thats neat about the mirror!!

Jared and Elizabeth said...

Thank God that call ended in a good way....this is why I don't want my girls driving till their 80! She's probably going to be sore for awhile and scared to drive. Kacey was in an accident a couple of months ago...she was fine but she still prays for us to drive safe and others to drive safe and if she sees black skid marks she wonders what happened. Hopefully this will just be a good learning experience for her.

Sarah Bowen said...

I am so glad that she is ok. My sister totaled her car the same day that she got her drivers license! So tell her not to feel bad! Same thing,, turning left. She wasnt injured either thank heavens!

Real Life Roberts said...

that is so tramatic! The scares and joys of new drivers! I'm so glad she is fine.